With so many web builders to choose from, creating a website is surprisingly easy. However, if you want to create one that converts, you need to be much more discerning. A website that converts is a lot harder than it seems, as people can be very picky with their internet browsing experience.
Before you launch that website, here’s a quick look at a simple checklist of the things you should be looking out for.
1. Home Page
The home page is the most crucial part of your website. If it’s well-built, you don’t have to worry about your customers bouncing off to another page, worst – to another website. This part of the website should have a few important elements.
- A good headline
- A short introductory paragraph that tells readers what you’re about
- An engaging and informative video
- A short description of the products you offer and how they can help your audience
Of course, you don’t have to put all of these elements to make the home page more effective. The goal of the main page is to give your visitors an overview of what you can provide them. The more concise the elements are, the more effective the home page is going to be.
2. About Page
People are more likely to support your brand if they know it in a deeper level. As such, it’s important to have a good about page that tells the background of the business, as well as what it stands for. Here’s a short checklist of what you need to put on the About Page.
- The mission/purpose of the brand
- A story that relates your brand to your customers
- Images of the people behind the brand
- Links to content from the brand (blog, e-book, cornerstone content)
- If you’re offering products, detail where these products come from and how they’re made
The about page should give your readers an overview of what the brand is really about. Establishing branding early on can help set up your business and the website for success.
A CTA or a call-to-action is basically a button that prompts your visitor to do a specific action on the website. This can be to buy a product, to schedule an appointment, to subscribe to your mailing list, etc. The CTA should be placed in these strategic places:
- One at the top and one at the bottom of the home page
- One at the about page
- One at the end of blog posts
- One on the services and contact page
The CTA should be noticeable so make sure to use bright colors to highlight it. As for the text within the CTA, make it as short and as consise as possible. Use phrases like “Buy Now,” “Click Here To Subscribe” and “Book Your Free Appointment” to let the readers know what the button leads to.
SEO stands for search engine optimization. If you’re not aware of what this is, this basicallys helps your business rank higher on search engines like Google when the right searches are made. It’s a very important part of your website that can help people find you a lot easier.
Although SEO is a bit more complex, here are a few things you need to consider:
- Keywords at the meta title of each page
- Keyword at the meta description of each page
- A density of 1% of the keywords for texts
- Images should all have an alt text
- Ensure that your website is mobile friendly
Google rewards websites with good SEO. They also penalize ones that breach the algorithm. You need to be careful about how you manage SEO on your website as the lack of it can result in a lot of lost conversions.
This short and simple checklist should greatly help you out when it comes to getting more conversions for your website. The tips may be simple but trust us, these can mean the difference between a customer that converts and a customer that stays on your website.